SELECTING A WINCH OR HOIST FOR YOUR SECTOR
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- The mass in kg of the loads compared to the load rating of the winch or hoist.
- Wire rope length, diameter and line speeds.
- Frequency of use and life expectancy of machinery.
- Compatibility with application.
- Type of power likely to be available on sites and access / suitable areas for operation.
- Health and Safety Regulations and suitable training – winches and hoists can be dangerous.
Winches and hoists are not for the transportation of personnel.
Installations should be carried out by a professional with regard to electrical and mechanical safety requirements. You are strongly advised to carry out a risk assessment before selecting a winch or hoist for any proposed applications.